Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The "second" first quilt...

Learning half squares
This is my "second" first quilt. I'm calling it that primarily because I was so long in between quilts I had to take another "beginner" quilt class! I also wanted to take the class to get comfortable with my new sewing machine.


I learned about how to make half squares and how to square my blocks. 




I tried my hand at free motion quilting along the border which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was a liberating experience once I decided to just "go for it!" (I highly recommend the Wendy Butler Burns "Machine Quilting... and more" class which I took online via Craftsy).


Unfortunately - in my exuberance of actually getting the quilt done and sending it off to a newborn kin - I forgot to take a "finished quilt" photo! However here is the last picture I did take. (I'll be more attentive next time!)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment